IT’S ALWAYS TEA TIME!
IT’S ALWAYS TEA TIME!
GO WATCH THIS SHOW, HONESTLY IT IS SO AMAZING.
IF THIS POST CREATES 1 NEW PUSHING DAISIES FAN MY LIFE = MADE.
Alright let me help out then:
1) Most of the cast is female. In fact only two main characters are male.
2) Both male characters take typically non-masculine hobbies. Emerson Cod knits almost non-stop and makes pop-up books. Ned is literally called “The Pie-Maker” because he bakes homestyle pies from his mother’s method. Both are shown to be very nurturing and even maternal characters. Conversely, the women? A pair of professional travelling show performers that have gritty sexual scandals the way men usually get (see the entire “Chuck’s father” storylines), a beekeeper who is the single most positive and optimistic character imaginable, and a former professional jockey- Three of four pro athletes.
3) You could very easily make the claim Ned is asexual.
4) Yes, the storyline is about romance. But it’s also about the positive side of a love story, and their only drama lies in overcoming their inability to actually share contact.
5) A very good friend of mine recommended this show to me as “Disney for adults.” I told her it was already on my list to watch because “It’s by Bryan Fuller, from Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me.” Bryan Fuller is now most known for “Hannibal.” The same camera methods and bright colours and lighting techniques Hannibal is known for? Perfected in this show, just using a different tone- The same colour methods in reverse, upping the vivid greens and yellows instead of reds and blues, which sells emotion both ways.
7) Probably one of the best examples of a modern day fairy tale possible.
8) Narrated by Jim Dale- The narrator for the HP audio books.
I don’t know if anyone’s already added links to this, but all of these here work and if you hover over the links, an episode description shows :)
This post is the reason I started watching Pushing Daisies and I encourage everyone to do the same
Please for the love of god watch this show.
I’m still bitter they cancelled it.
biggest plot twist in all of history
*patiently waits 34787894745 years for sequel*
Incredibles Jack Jack Headcannon:
Do you ever think that Jack Jack from The Incredibles always had his powers, Helen and Bob just never noticed? If you look at the deleted scenes, Violet gets hers really early but I’m not saying he like, set himself on fire or anything. He was too young to register those things as a newborn. I’m just saying at some point a conversation between Bob and Helen went a little something like, “That’s so weird! I could’ve sworn Jack Jack had your eyes but now I’m not sure if he has either!” “Kinda look like, Vi’s.” “Oh yeah…that’s so odd…” He could probably on change things that were familiar, things that made him feel safe. Like his mothers hair color, or his brothers nose. He’s probably (definitely) been cranky before, but was never angry enough to turn into a demon like when he was being taken by Syndrome. And he’s probably seen fire and metal before, but has never like, I dunno had an understanding of it enough to change into? It wasn’t until he was comfortable and safe with Kari that he turned into a campfire. That’s because it was just a picture, not a real fire, and he was in his home being spoken to gently. I dunno. I think I thought to hard about this.
This is so wrong
Why do I love it so much
SWEET FUCKING LORD I’M DYING OVER HERE
Och my gods.
what the actual fuck
Jeez… luckily I read the original one before I see this or I might think it’s a real one! XD LOL!!!!
I’m going to print this out and glue it in the book.
OMG Elsa killed Olaf and Sven!!! This is insane and hilarious at the same time lol I feel kind of guilty for laughing at this XD
Where can I reald the original, btw?!
Why is Yakfrost so cute/pretty/hot?
*whispers* I admire the hell outta her.
I got teased for years about my thick eyebrows and big, curly hair and now it’s popular? Now it’s style? I guess forgive and forget and it’s good that people are embracing other types of beauty but I’m still kinda pissed off about it.
Tip for all my student readers: if you’re too lazy to use a bibliography creator like NoodleBib or RefWorks, let Google generate your bibliography entries for you. All you have to do is google the article/book title in Google Scholar, click “cite” at the bottom of the search result, and copy either the MLA, APA, or Chicago cite into your word document.
Signal boost because omg how did I not know this in college?
Since registration is starting soon I figure this is ample time to remind the six people who look at my Tumblr that citing your sources is really important in college and that this will be your best friend forever.
If you’re in high school and want to go to college? Learn to source! You’ll be way ahead of the curve and it’s 100% more important than knowing what the hell a predicate nominative is.
I use http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/ to figure out how to cite for my papers, and it’s been quite useful for the three years I’ve been at this!